I have a lot of new parts to release, but I couldn’t wait anymore on this one. This silencer is printed in Polymax Polycarbonate plastic. It takes 8 hours to print just one, but we get a much tougher product in the end. Some things that I’ve done differently with this one is include an expansion chamber at the muzzle, reduced ID baffles nearer the muzzle, and incorporated a stainless steel helical insert for very reliable threading/unthreading. This makes the Diana Chaser Pistol neighbor-friendly without affecting accuracy or muzzle velocity. Here’s a look at the inside:
In this video I install the silencer and test fire the Chaser with and without it. I just got a new mic, so this video actually ALMOST does it justice. Also, you may notice another part I have in the works for the Chaser. That will be coming soon. Thanks for looking!
I’ve completed the design and testing of my latest Silencer for the Crosman PFM16. The Crosman PFM16 is a full metal CO2 powered Semi-Auto BB Pistol. It has a nice heft to it and a compact and sleek design. I tried to keep the design similarly compact and sleek with matching aesthetics.
Given that this silencer is so much more compact than our others I’m amazed at how affective it is. I’ve used a 60 degree cone-shaped 7 baffle design like in our Crosman 13XX, Daisy 415, and Daisy 426 silencers, but in a much smaller package. Even with the more compact design it is equally, if not more, affective than our others.
I’ve also uploaded a little video to YouTube with installation details and a firing test. I use a pellet trap and iPhone for the video which isn’t super helpful for really hearing the sound difference. You can check out the reviews for the Daisy Powerline 415 Silencer to see what others have to say about our silencer design.
I received a request a while back to make a Silencer for the Daisy Powerline 408. I went out and bought one to have a look and see what I can do. I messed with it here and there for a while and finally came up with something I feel good about. I replaced the whole stock plastic part covering the barrel with a 3d printed one with a built-in suppressor and optics mount. I also was able to keep the front sight post if you prefer to shoot with open sights.
I started out by measuring and modelling the stock shroud. As you can see in the picture below there was a lot of features to get right. I lucked up and didn’t have to spend a lot of time optimizing it for 3d printing. I printed the shroud and installed all the guts without issue. Next, I added a printable silencer to the end and tested it out. If you’d like to check that out you can see it on YouTube HERE or look at my previous blog post.
I really like the 408. It’s nice to shoot pellets with a rifled barrel and CO2. Considering the decent accuracy you can get I though it might be nice to add an optics mount as well. My first few attempts were not great. The optics would clamp on the sharp edge of the dovetail rather than the grooves under the sharp edges. It would clamp really well, but deform the sharp plastic edges. Also, it was a challenge to make it look sleek and like it belonged on the gun. I eventually found a way to make the 3d printed dovetail functional and look like it belongs there. See below:
Finally, I added some of the little cosmetic details to tie it all together and printed the final prototype.
These things take a long time to print(8hrs/piece) on an FDM printer at .2mm layers and would be pretty costly for a 3d printed part. I most likely will have them printed in PA12 Nylon by an American company given that the cost is comparable if done in bulk. Nylon is extremely tough and the SLS(Selective Laser Sintering) process leaves a very smooth finish. Here’s a little preview of a prototype that I’ve had printed in Nylon using SLS. When I finally put these up for sale they will have a similar finish.
Hopefully I’ll have them ready for early to mid-November. Thanks for reading!
DAISY POWERLINE 408 SILENCER INSTALLATION AND TEST
In this video I show some quick details about the Daisy Powerline 408 Silencer, how it is installed, and do a firing test. It’s fairly brief and to the point. This is only a prototype and not what the final product will look like. Just a sort of progress report I guess… Thanks for watchin’
I’ve had a few requests for a silencer for the Daisy Powerline 426. It’s been a lot of work, but I’ve finally got something that will work without making alterations to the gun itself.
The biggest challenge to overcome is that it needed to somehow mount on the gun without damaging it. The Powerline 415 Silencer presses into the plastic barrel shroud, but there is too little space to do that in the 426. My first idea was to make little nubs that clutch the outside of the shroud. See below.
The adpater DID grip the gun, but it wasn’t secure enough. The next idea was to use the under barrel accessory rail along with the gripping nubs.
The silencer worked and looked really cool and sleek, but I knew a lot of people would be disappointed that they couldn’t mount a laser as well. The next idea was to use the under-barrel accessory rail, and use the silencer as a base for a laser instead.
This silencer has been updated quite a bit since this post. You can download the latest 3d print file HERE