This picatinny scope mount was designed exclusively for the Daisy Red Ryder 1938 Model. It replaces the stock elevation adjustment wedge. It is 3d printed in the US with solid ABS plastic and mounts very firmly using only the rear sight post and stock screw. It is a standard mil-std-1913 Picatinny rail. It is compatible with any optic that has 21mm picatinny or weaver in the description. It is also compatible with The Hawkeye Reflex Red/Green Dot sold HERE
This scope mount is unique in that it allows you to make minor elevation adjustments to the stock iron sights. You can slide it toward the back of the airgun to lower the rear sight post and elevation or you can slide the scope mount toward the front of the airgun and raise the rear sight post and elevation. If you want to switch between a scope or red dot and back to the iron sights you will still maintain some of the original functionality without needing to track down the little rear post wedge/ramp and uninstalling the scope mount.
I highly recommend using a Red Dot sight for young shooters. Not only do they think it’s super cool, but they find it to be way easier to use. If you use a scope I recommend that you get a handgun scope as it will be more forgiving than a rifle scope. I will be adding scopes to the sight soon as well.
To install the scope mount:
- Remove the stock plastic elevation adjustment wedge from the Daisy Red Ryder.
- Remove the stock phillips screw on the top and rear of the Red Ryder.
- Slide the Red Ryder Scope Mount under the rear sight post, aligning the groove with the ridge on the mount.
- Align the slotted hole in the mount with the screw hole from which the screw was removed in step 2.
- Insert the screw into the screw hole and screw it in with a phillips screwdriver.
- You can loosen the screw and slide the Scope Mount backwards or forward to adjust the elevation for the stock iron sights.
Also, you can view the instructional video below: