This picatinny scope mount was designed exclusively for the Daisy Red Ryder 1938 Model. It is printed with solid ABS plastic and mounts very firmly using only the rear sight post and stock screw. It is a standard mil-std-1913 Picatinny rail. It is compatible with any optic that has 21/22mm picatinny or weaver in the description. It is also compatible with The Hawkeye Reflex Red/Green Dot sold HERE
I highly recommend using a red dot for young shooters. Not only do they think it’s super cool, but they find it to be way easier to use. If you use a scope I recommend that you get a handgun scope as it will be more forgiving that a rifles scope. I will be adding scopes to the sight soon as well.
To install the scope mount:
- Remove the stock plastic elevation adjustment wedge from the Daisy Red Ryder
- Remove the stock phillips screw on the top and rear of the Red Ryder
- Slide the Red Ryder Scope Mount under the rear sight post aligning the groove with the ridge on the mount
- Align the hole in the mount with the screw hole from which the screw was removed in step 2.
- Insert the screw into the screw hole and screw it in with a phillips screwdriver