This started as a custom request from a long time customer. I liked it so much, I decided to develop it and offer it to other folks as well. I hope you like it as much as I do.
This listing is for a minimalist fixed buttstock for the Crosman 2240. It includes the stock, steel adapter, bolt, two hard polymer buttpads, and installation hardware. You’ll need a 7/16 socket with extension to install.
It installs much like our adjustable stock tubes. You’ll replace the OEM hammer spring cap with a custom machined steel cap with a threaded boss. The 3d printed stock slips over this new part and a 6 inch long 1/4 inch bolt threads through the stock into the steel boss. As the bolt is tightened down it locks the stock in place and removes any possibility for play while also reinforcing the polymer stock. This stock does not move, wiggle, or wobble.
The two buttpads are removeable and interchangeable. One is longer than the other for some slight adjustment in LOP.
Please Note: The length-of-pull is 14-15 inches, depending on what buttpad you select. This LOP is not suitable for kids. If you need a youth LOP I suggest our adjustable stock. Also, this stock will not work with iron sights as the comb height is inline with the barrel.
- Ensure you airgun is unloaded, uncocked, and in safe
- Remove the hammer spring retention cap. There are two screws. One through the breech in the top and one on the bottom behind the grip.
- Keep the spring in place and insert the new adapter in place of the OEM cap.
- Align screw holes and reinstall screws removed in step two.
- Align stock to your liking and then tighten up bolt in the rear of the stock. Use a 7/16″ socket with extension for this.
- Install your buttpad of choice using the supplied M3 screws and 2.5mm allen key. Do Not Overtighten. Just snug enough to not move.
Also, refer to this video for a similar installation that you may find to be helpful:
This one is important as well: